Growing up, if you asked my mother what she wanted her children to do for work she’d say, “something that comes with dental.” So as a freelance photographer, it’s been a tough road making mamma proud. Finally, mission accomplished. My parents started bragging about me the year I started shooting for the Boston Red Sox. I was contacted by the Fenway Sales Team to photograph their special suites on opening day in 2013. I’ll never forget it. Running around the park an hour before it was supposed to open photographing the high end suite seating, on field special packages and batting practice. It was quiet, but electric. The calm before the storm. And in a minute the quiet became frenzy when the gates opened. I spent the next hour weaving around the crowds shooting the beauty that is Red Sox Opening Day. As if that were not brag-worthy enough, I’ve been back several times for similar shoots. Once, I was on the field shooting the opening ceremony leaning against the Red Sox dugout. Here comes the irony. While my mother is obsessed with the Red Sox, I am clueless. I was feet from all the players and I couldn’t tell you who a single one was. I won’t even get into the totally embarrassing story about meeting John Henry and having no idea who he was! I’ve been back several times to shoot more commercial work, special events and even a surprise proposal. And despite my general lack of knowledge of all things Red Sox, I absolutely love working there. The staff at Fenway are great people. The park is a beautiful place to shoot. And people are always happy to be there. It’s tough to miss at Fenway.
Fenway Park, My Home Away from Home
About the Author: Nikki Cole
Photography by Nikki Cole is a full service corporate and commercial photography studio. We provide professional head shots and portraiture in studio or on location, architecture and product imaging as well as special event coverage.
Contact Us Today!
Check Out Our Other Corporate Blogs!
- What to Wear When Giving a Public Lecture
- Understanding the Difference Between Portraits & Headshots
- Julian Edelman Reads Flying High – Newton, Massachusetts
- Should I Pose for the Photographer During My Company Outing?
- Selling Your House? Why You Should Have Your Home’s Interior Professionally Photographed
- Types of Corporate Events You’ll Want Photographed
- Why a White Background is Perfect for Head Shots
- When Would I Need a Headshot?
- Common Mistakes People Make When Taking Headshots
- Tips & Tricks for Corporate Headshots