If you are entering the business world, it's most likely that you will need a professional headshot for a number of reasons. It's important to make sure that you are prepared and have a clear vision for what you want to portray in these photos because a number of people will see these!
Here are some helpful tips everyone should know before getting headshots:
- Think about what the head shot will be used for:
- Business website, LinkedIn, an article you're publishing
- Who is your target audience:
- Young, Old, Rich, Funky
- How do you want to portray yourself:
- Professional, Approachable, Fun
- What makes you comfortable?
- If you feel good, you look good
- You should talk with your photographer about your goals
- You should tell your photographer about and physical attributes you are self-conscious about and any attributes you want to highlight
- Make sure you clothes are in good shape, cleaned & ironed
- It's OK to bring changes out outfits
- Avoid loud prints unless you are making a statement with them
- Don't forget about accessories!
- Make your choices "Season Neutral"
- You shouldn't have your outfits look like specific winter or summer outfit