If you are entering the business world, it’s most likely that you will need a professional headshot for a number of reasons. It’s important to make sure that you are prepared and have a clear vision for what you want to portray in these photos because a number of people will see these!
Here are some helpful tips everyone should know before getting headshots:
- Think about what the head shot will be used for:
- Business website, LinkedIn, an article you’re publishing
- Who is your target audience:
- Young, Old, Rich, Funky
- How do you want to portray yourself:
- Professional, Approachable, Fun
- What makes you comfortable?
- If you feel good, you look good
- You should talk with your photographer about your goals
- You should tell your photographer about and physical attributes you are self-conscious about and any attributes you want to highlight
- Make sure you clothes are in good shape, cleaned & ironed
- It’s OK to bring changes out outfits
- Avoid loud prints unless you are making a statement with them
- Don’t forget about accessories!
- Make your choices “Season Neutral”
- You shouldn’t have your outfits look like specific winter or summer outfit
If you are interested in getting headshot photos, contact us at by phone 617.846.3314 or by email at email@example.com.